REC announces cut-off dates for NCE Filing Window show of interest requests
Based on the demand for this window and the pace at which applications are currently being handled by REC, we want to assure that we are able to give our applicants the best experience possible. REC will cut off requests for the NCE filing window at the end of day September 24, 2021 for organizations that are currently not the licensee of a LPFM or full-service NCE broadcast station. For licensees of existing NCE/LPFM stations, the cut off will be on end of day, October 1, 2021. Payments are due one week after those cut off dates for their respective categories. This is to allow plenty of time for us to finish up applications, especially considering that non-licensee applications do take longer.
|September 24, 2021 - 5 PM EDT||
Cutoff for new Show of Interest forms for applicant organizations that are not currenly the licensee of a noncommercial educational broadcast station (either full-service or LPFM). No new requests from non-licensees will be accepted after this time.
Organizations that are already going through the REC process (at Stage 2 or higher) may still request additional facilities.
|October 1, 2021 - 5 PM EDT||
Cutoff for new Show of Interest forms for applicant organizations that are the licensee of a noncommercial educational broadcast station (either full-service or LPFM). No new show of interest requests will be accepted after this time.
Cutoff for organiazations that are already going through the REC process and have already provided Stage 4 licensee information to request additional facilities.
Show of Interest forms made by applicant organizations that are not NCE licenses (those that cut off on September 24) must make minimum advance payment by this date. Unpaid requests will be cancelled.
Shut down of the NCE Show of Interest Form and NCE Search Tool. (Maps will remain available)
|October 5, 2021||Beginning of full-service FM filing freeze.|
|October 6, 2021||REC will re-evaluate all requests to assure that they still meet protections based on existing station applications received through the start of the filing freeze.|
|October 8, 2021 - 5 PM EDT||
Show of interest forms made by applicants that are currently NCE licensees and organizations already going through the REC process requesting additional facilities (those with a October 1 cut-off date) must make full payment by this date. Unpaid requests will be cancelled.
|November 2, 2021 - 5 PM EDT||Due date for remainder of balance for any applicant that only made the minimum advance payment. Any order not paid in full will be cancelled and will not be refunded per terms and conditions.|
For those organizations still wishing to make a request between now and September 24, please make sure that you have the following information ready to go when we get to you:
- That your organization is already recognized as a nonprofit corporation with your Secretary of State's office.
- For the organization/station: The legal name of the organization, the mailing address, the phone number and email address.
- For each board member: The name, residential address, telephone number, email address and citizenship (if not US) and voting percentages per board member (if not equal votes).
- An educational statement describing the organization's educational objectives and how the radio station will advance those objectives. Educational statements should explain how the station will "instruct" or "teach" and if possible, include a list of educational programs the station plans to carry. Educational programming must be directed to the general public listening on the radio. Stating that the station is going to be used to give people instruction on how to broadcast is not acceptable to the FCC.
For all organizations, it will help to have the following information ready:
- If a leased tower (such as American Tower, SBA, Crown Castle, etc.) is going to be used, knowing which levels are available for at least a 2 bay antenna (single bay antennas may be used on certain cases where the power is on the lower side).
- Site assurance information including a contact name and telephone number and whether that person is the site owner or an authorized representative of the owner.
- What effective radiated power is the maximum you can afford based on your station's budget. (I know this is a tricky one, but for example, if you can get 5kW and we apply for that, you won't be able to drop down to 1 kW in some cases)
REC will remain in our modified operations with no telephone support (except for window applicants) until the conclusion of the NCE Window on November 9, 2021.