REC LPFM Advisory Letter #19: Second advisory of Filing freeze for LPFM applications between September 1~December 13, 2023
Second Advisory (10/17/2023)
On October 17, 2023, at the request of the LPFM advocacy community, the FCC has extended the LPFM filing window and filing freeze until December 13, 2023.
Original Advisory (07/31/2023)
In a Public Notice released on July 31, 2023, the FCC has announced that there will be a filing freeze on modifications for existing LPFM and FM translator facilities that will run from 12:01AM EDT on September 1, 2023 through 6PM EDT on
November 8, 2023 December 13, 2023. This filing freeze is to allow for the spectrum to remain static in order to help applicants that will be participating in the LPFM filing window. During the freeze, minor modifications such as site moves and channel changes cannot be filed. All other application types can be filed during the freeze, including:
- License to cover applications related to already granted construction permit applications, as well as program test and equipment test notifications.
- Modification of license applications as they do not change the location or channel of the physical facility.
- Assignment of license and transfer of control applications.
- Special temporary authority requests.
- Silent notifications, silent STAs and resumptions.
- Administrative updates.
For more information on the LPFM window, please see REC Advisory Letter #10.